About your facilitator:
Dr. Peter Duchemin is an artist, magician, scholar, and Tarot reader with more than 20 years of reading experience. He is a Canadian and Newfoundlander by birth, and has travelled widely to discover his current home in Hong Kong. His approach to Tarot has earned him recognition for the depth, clarity, and wisdom of his readings. His method is simple: connect to your cards through the language of synesthesia, and build a Tarot in your own unconscious imagination. When you become the Tarot, you can read the cards naturally. He holds degrees in Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Humanities, and a Doctorate in Interdisciplinary Studies (on the philosophy of magic). He is the inventor of many things, including his own Tarot trumps, a specialist Tarot calendar system, and the world’s first and only Tarot-reading Unicycle!
2 day workshop, student outcomes:
- Students will learn the broad background of the Tarot (Egypt/Italy origin debate).
- Students will be introduced the distinction between contemplation and divination.
- Students will be introduced to the Qabalistic structure of Tarot post 19th century.
- Students will know the difference between a Tarot Deck and an oracle deck.
- Students will see examples of the most important tarot Designs that influenced modern Tarot (Visconti, Marseilles, Rider-Waite, Thoth).
- Students will be introduced to the Tarot as a “memory palace” for metaphysical and practical wisdom.
- Students will be able to recognize the Qabalistic Tree of life, (Kircher, Luriah, and Graa Variants).
- Students will learn to put the entire deck in order.
- Students will see an example of an opening and closing circle routine.
- Students will be introduced to the concept that “there is one Tarot, and many decks.”
- Students will use the Synaesthesia method to forge an intuitive connection to each of the cards.
- Students will learn the three major parts of the deck.
- Students will learn the simple Past-Present-Future reading spread, and practice on each other.
- Students will learn the Celtic Cross reading spread and practice on each other.
- Students will learn the Octahedron reading spread, and practice on each other.
- Students will learn how to cast a simple circle, and learn why.
- Students will be given a “recommended daily practice” to deepen their growth with the Tarot
- Students will get to do five + practice readings, and participate in group Tarot interpretation
Students May Wish to Bring:
Other decks, pens and coloring supplies, cloths and bags for keeping their decks.
The key philosophy behind this course is “There is only 1 Tarot, all the different decks are simply different windows into it.”
Event date: Tuesday, 26th & Wednesday, 27th May 2020
Event time: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Price: HKD 3,500 (For first timers) / HKD 400 per day (For refreshers – please remember to bring your Tarot Cards) / HKD 6,750 when you purchase Level 1 & 2 together (receive $500 discount)