Connect with the Tarot
What is Tarot?
Tarot is considered a powerful tool for self-discovery and manifestation. Consisting of a deck of cards, Tarot can provide guidance when you have to make a choice, develop yourself or have questions regarding your personal and professional life (among many other areas). Each card in the Tarot deck comes with its own imagery, symbolism and story that represents personalities and situations that we encounter on a day-to-day basis.
Come Connect with the Tarot in this 2 day workshop!
In this workshop, you will:
- Learn the broad background of the Tarot (Egypt/Italy origin debate).
- Be introduced to the distinction between contemplation and divination.
- Be introduced to the Qabalistic structure of Tarot post 19th century.
- Know the difference between a Tarot Deck and an oracle deck.
- See examples of the most important tarot Designs that influenced modern Tarot (Visconti, Marseilles, Rider-Waite, Thoth).
- Be introduced to the Tarot as a “memory palace” for metaphysical and practical wisdom.
- Be able to recognize the Qabalistic Tree of life, (Kircher, Luriah, and Graa Variants).
- Learn to put the entire deck in order.
- See an example of an opening and closing circle routine.
- Be introduced to the concept that “there is one Tarot, and many decks.”
- Use the Synaesthesia method to forge an intuitive connection to each of the cards.
- Learn the three major parts of the deck.
- Learn the simple Past-Present-Future reading spread, and practice on each other.
- Learn the Celtic Cross reading spread and practice on each other.
- Learn the Octahedron reading spread, and practice on each other.
- Learn how to cast a simple circle, and learn why.
- Be given a “recommended daily practice” to deepen their growth with the Tarot.
- Get to do five + practice readings, and participate in group Tarot interpretation.
Students May Wish to Bring:
Other decks, pens and coloring supplies, cloths and bags for keeping their decks.
The key philosophy behind this course is “There is only 1 Tarot, all the different decks are simply different windows into it.”
Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment. If cancellations are made less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment, 50% of the session fee will be charged. Should the client fail to show up, the full session fee will be charged.
- All prior payments are non-refundable and non-transferable, except in special circumstances and All About You (‘AAY’) reserves the right to the final decision.
- The Client agrees that all practices done on, for, or even by them at AAY are done with their full consent and at their will.
- The Client attests that they have no mental or psychological ailment/disorder and are not on any psychiatric or psychological treatments and/or drugs.
- The Client agrees to indemnify, release, remise and forever discharge, the treating practitioner, AAY, its employees, its consultants, its property owners or anyone one at AAY from any obligation or liability whatsoever, all claims, demands, damages, injuries, actions or causes of actions whatsoever, before, during or after volunteering to participate in such sessions.
- The Client is aware of the modalities of therapy used and understands that the result may also depend on external factors and the clients’ own efforts.